Mistake in help for g&

  • Andy Wokula
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012
      Help for g& states:

      g& Synonym for `:%s//~/&` (repeat last substitute on all
      lines with the same flags).
      Mnemonic: global substitute. {not in Vi}

      The part
      (repeat last substitute on all lines with the same flags)
      should say something like
      (repeat last substitute with last search pattern on all lines with
      the same flags)

      For example, when you first do a substitution via :s/pattern/repl/flags
      and then /search for something else, `g&` will do `:%s/search/~/&`
      instead of `:s/pattern/repl/flags`.

      --
      Andy

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2012
        Andy Wokula wrote:

        > Help for g& states:
        >
        > g& Synonym for `:%s//~/&` (repeat last substitute on all
        > lines with the same flags).
        > Mnemonic: global substitute. {not in Vi}
        >
        > The part
        > (repeat last substitute on all lines with the same flags)
        > should say something like
        > (repeat last substitute with last search pattern on all lines with
        > the same flags)
        >
        > For example, when you first do a substitution via :s/pattern/repl/flags
        > and then /search for something else, `g&` will do `:%s/search/~/&`
        > instead of `:s/pattern/repl/flags`.

        Thanks, we can use that example.

        11. You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word
        processor.com