Re: dependencies between features

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
      On 01/11/12 09:19, Kartik Agaram wrote:
      > Thanks, Tony. It seems to be because of a call to mb_string2cells in
      > if_py_both.h:VimStrWidth. Since python isn't a feature in feature.h
      > I'm not sure what to check for to enable FEAT_MBYTE..

      A little searching in the source gives:

      FEAT_PYTHON
      Python2 interface
      FEAT_PYTHON3
      Python3 interface
      DYNAMIC_PYTHON
      Python2 support is dynamic
      DYNAMIC_PYTHON3
      Python3 support is dynamic

      Cscope tells me that there are 54 lines (in buffer.c, eval.c,
      ex_docmd.c, globals.h, if_python.c, if_python3.c, main.c, proto.h,
      structs.h, version.c, vim.h and window.c) which refer to at least one of
      these. They are defined (or not) by auto/config.h (at least on Linux,
      once configure has run).

      If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for
      tomorrow morning, sleep late.
      -- Henny Youngman

    • Ken Takata
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2012
        Hi Kartik,

        2012/11/01 Thu 17:20:14 UTC+9 Kartik Agaram:
        > Thanks, Tony. It seems to be because of a call to mb_string2cells in
        >
        > if_py_both.h:VimStrWidth. Since python isn't a feature in feature.h
        >
        > I'm not sure what to check for to enable FEAT_MBYTE..

        I don't think +python should depends +multi_byte because there are
        patches which fix similar problem (7.3.232 and 7.236).
        This problem seems to be caused by 7.3.569.
        Please try the attached patch.

        Best regards,
        Ken Takata

      • Kartik Agaram
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2012
          Ah thanks for the investigation! I'm going to run with that patch.