Re: dependencies between features

  • Kartik Agaram
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
      Thanks, Tony. It seems to be because of a call to mb_string2cells in
      if_py_both.h:VimStrWidth. Since python isn't a feature in feature.h
      I'm not sure what to check for to enable FEAT_MBYTE..

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
        On 01/11/12 09:19, Kartik Agaram wrote:
        > Thanks, Tony. It seems to be because of a call to mb_string2cells in
        > if_py_both.h:VimStrWidth. Since python isn't a feature in feature.h
        > I'm not sure what to check for to enable FEAT_MBYTE..

        A little searching in the source gives:

        FEAT_PYTHON
        Python2 interface
        FEAT_PYTHON3
        Python3 interface
        DYNAMIC_PYTHON
        Python2 support is dynamic
        DYNAMIC_PYTHON3
        Python3 support is dynamic

        Cscope tells me that there are 54 lines (in buffer.c, eval.c,
        ex_docmd.c, globals.h, if_python.c, if_python3.c, main.c, proto.h,
        structs.h, version.c, vim.h and window.c) which refer to at least one of
        these. They are defined (or not) by auto/config.h (at least on Linux,
        once configure has run).

        If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for
        tomorrow morning, sleep late.
        -- Henny Youngman

      • Ken Takata
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2012
          Hi Kartik,

          2012/11/01 Thu 17:20:14 UTC+9 Kartik Agaram:
          > Thanks, Tony. It seems to be because of a call to mb_string2cells in
          >
          > if_py_both.h:VimStrWidth. Since python isn't a feature in feature.h
          >
          > I'm not sure what to check for to enable FEAT_MBYTE..

          I don't think +python should depends +multi_byte because there are
          patches which fix similar problem (7.3.232 and 7.236).
          This problem seems to be caused by 7.3.569.
          Please try the attached patch.

          Best regards,
          Ken Takata

        • Kartik Agaram
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2012
            Ah thanks for the investigation! I'm going to run with that patch.