Re: Bug with "cgN" when selection=exclusive

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2012
      On Mon, October 1, 2012 23:37, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > Consider the text:
      >
      > my very excellent mother just served us nachos
      >
      > Launching Vim with:
      >
      > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
      >
      > Start with the cursor at the beginning of the line. Search for "mother".
      > becomes:
      >
      > my very excellent mongoose just served us nachos
      >
      > Undo the change, and go to the end of the line. Type cgNmongoose<Esc>
      >
      > If 'selection' is "inclusive", the result is the same.
      >
      > If 'selection' is "exclusive", instead I get:
      >
      > my very excellent mongooser just served us nachos

      Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.

      regards,
      Christian

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2012
        Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > On Mon, October 1, 2012 23:37, Ben Fritz wrote:
        > > Consider the text:
        > >
        > > my very excellent mother just served us nachos
        > >
        > > Launching Vim with:
        > >
        > > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
        > >
        > > Start with the cursor at the beginning of the line. Search for "mother".
        > > becomes:
        > >
        > > my very excellent mongoose just served us nachos
        > >
        > > Undo the change, and go to the end of the line. Type cgNmongoose<Esc>
        > >
        > > If 'selection' is "inclusive", the result is the same.
        > >
        > > If 'selection' is "exclusive", instead I get:
        > >
        > > my very excellent mongooser just served us nachos
        > >

        > Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.

        Thanks for the quick fix! I'll include it.

        I should ask for a test though...

        --
        It is illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over
        puddles of water.

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2012
          Hi Bram!

          On Mi, 03 Okt 2012, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Christian Brabandt wrote:
          >
          > > On Mon, October 1, 2012 23:37, Ben Fritz wrote:
          > > > Consider the text:
          > > >
          > > > my very excellent mother just served us nachos
          > > >
          > > > Launching Vim with:
          > > >
          > > > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
          > > >
          > > > Start with the cursor at the beginning of the line. Search for "mother".
          > > > becomes:
          > > >
          > > > my very excellent mongoose just served us nachos
          > > >
          > > > Undo the change, and go to the end of the line. Type cgNmongoose<Esc>
          > > >
          > > > If 'selection' is "inclusive", the result is the same.
          > > >
          > > > If 'selection' is "exclusive", instead I get:
          > > >
          > > > my very excellent mongooser just served us nachos
          > > >

          > > Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.
          >
          > Thanks for the quick fix! I'll include it.
          >
          > I should ask for a test though...

          Attached.

          regards,
          Christian
          --
          Der Staat an und für sich ist das sittlichste Ganze, die
          Verwirklichung der Freiheit; und es ist absoluter Zweck der Vernunft,

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2012
            Christian Brabandt wrote:

            > On Mi, 03 Okt 2012, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > >
            > > Christian Brabandt wrote:

            > > > Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.
            > >
            > > Thanks for the quick fix! I'll include it.
            > >
            > > I should ask for a test though...
            >
            > Attached.

            Great, thanks. I'll try it out soon.

            --
            Females are strictly forbidden to appear unshaven in public.
            [real standing law in New Mexico, United States of America]