[patch] tutor zh_cn updated to v1.7

  • Alick Zhao
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hi list,

      I managed to update the Simplified Chinese translation of tutor to match
      the latest English version (v1.7) from v1.5. I manually update the UTF-8
      edition and then use iconv to get the CP936 one. Attached below are two
      relevant patches. Combining them into one patch will make the file
      unreadable (because of messing up with different encodings).

      I hesitate to update the Traditional Chinese translation by auto
      conversion, since there are some wording differences which conversion
      tools hardly take into consideration. Human work is needed to ensure
      the quality by someone more familiar with Traditional Chinese.

      --
      alick
      Fedora 16 (Verne) user

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
        Alick Zhao wrote:

        > I managed to update the Simplified Chinese translation of tutor to match
        > the latest English version (v1.7) from v1.5. I manually update the UTF-8
        > edition and then use iconv to get the CP936 one. Attached below are two
        > relevant patches. Combining them into one patch will make the file
        > unreadable (because of messing up with different encodings).
        >
        > I hesitate to update the Traditional Chinese translation by auto
        > conversion, since there are some wording differences which conversion
        > tools hardly take into consideration. Human work is needed to ensure
        > the quality by someone more familiar with Traditional Chinese.

        Thanks for doing this work. Unfortunately the patch doesn't work.
        Please send me the whole file, I can use vimdiff to see what you
        changed.

        --
        Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater nor ride in a
        public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.

      • Alick Zhao
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
          On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 16:21:17 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Alick Zhao wrote:
          >
          >> I managed to update the Simplified Chinese translation of tutor to match
          >> the latest English version (v1.7) from v1.5. I manually update the UTF-8
          >> edition and then use iconv to get the CP936 one. Attached below are two
          >> relevant patches. Combining them into one patch will make the file
          >> unreadable (because of messing up with different encodings).
          >>
          >> I hesitate to update the Traditional Chinese translation by auto
          >> conversion, since there are some wording differences which conversion
          >> tools hardly take into consideration. Human work is needed to ensure
          >> the quality by someone more familiar with Traditional Chinese.
          >
          > Thanks for doing this work. Unfortunately the patch doesn't work.
          > Please send me the whole file, I can use vimdiff to see what you
          > changed.

          Oh, I'll attach the whole file tutor.zh_cn.utf-8 and tutor.zh.euc
          this time.

          In the previous post I forgot to ask whether the file Filelist in the
          repo's top directory also needs to updated to include the five letter
          language code(zh_cn and zh_tw). The relevant lines are line 692 to 696.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2012
            Alick Zhao wrote:

            > >> I managed to update the Simplified Chinese translation of tutor to match
            > >> the latest English version (v1.7) from v1.5. I manually update the UTF-8
            > >> edition and then use iconv to get the CP936 one. Attached below are two
            > >> relevant patches. Combining them into one patch will make the file
            > >> unreadable (because of messing up with different encodings).
            > >>
            > >> I hesitate to update the Traditional Chinese translation by auto
            > >> conversion, since there are some wording differences which conversion
            > >> tools hardly take into consideration. Human work is needed to ensure
            > >> the quality by someone more familiar with Traditional Chinese.
            > >
            > > Thanks for doing this work. Unfortunately the patch doesn't work.
            > > Please send me the whole file, I can use vimdiff to see what you
            > > changed.
            > >

            > Oh, I'll attach the whole file tutor.zh_cn.utf-8 and tutor.zh.euc
            > this time.

            Thanks, that looks good. I'll include the files.

            > In the previous post I forgot to ask whether the file Filelist in the
            > repo's top directory also needs to updated to include the five letter
            > language code(zh_cn and zh_tw). The relevant lines are line 692 to 696.

            Yes. But I think I did that recently:
            runtime/tutor/README.*.txt \
            runtime/tutor/Makefile \
            runtime/tutor/tutor.utf-8 \
            runtime/tutor/tutor.?? \
            runtime/tutor/tutor.??.* \
            runtime/tutor/tutor.??_??.* \
            runtime/tutor/tutor.bar \
            runtime/tutor/tutor.bar.* \

            I'll make a patch for the file.

            --
            A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a church
            service.