Bug with "cgN" when selection=exclusive

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2012
      Consider the text:

      my very excellent mother just served us nachos

      Launching Vim with:

      gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE

      Start with the cursor at the beginning of the line. Search for "mother". Go back to the beginning of the line. Type cgnmongoose<Esc> and the line becomes:

      my very excellent mongoose just served us nachos

      Undo the change, and go to the end of the line. Type cgNmongoose<Esc>

      If 'selection' is "inclusive", the result is the same.

      If 'selection' is "exclusive", instead I get:

      my very excellent mongooser just served us nachos

      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Sep 14 2012 13:24:15)
      MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
      Included patches: 1-661
      Compiled by digitectNO@...
      Huge version with GUI.

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2012
        On Mon, October 1, 2012 23:37, Ben Fritz wrote:
        > Consider the text:
        >
        > my very excellent mother just served us nachos
        >
        > Launching Vim with:
        >
        > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
        >
        > Start with the cursor at the beginning of the line. Search for "mother".
        > becomes:
        >
        > my very excellent mongoose just served us nachos
        >
        > Undo the change, and go to the end of the line. Type cgNmongoose<Esc>
        >
        > If 'selection' is "inclusive", the result is the same.
        >
        > If 'selection' is "exclusive", instead I get:
        >
        > my very excellent mongooser just served us nachos

        Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.

        regards,
        Christian

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2012
          Christian Brabandt wrote:

          > On Mon, October 1, 2012 23:37, Ben Fritz wrote:
          > > Consider the text:
          > >
          > > my very excellent mother just served us nachos
          > >
          > > Launching Vim with:
          > >
          > > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
          > >
          > > Start with the cursor at the beginning of the line. Search for "mother".
          > > becomes:
          > >
          > > my very excellent mongoose just served us nachos
          > >
          > > Undo the change, and go to the end of the line. Type cgNmongoose<Esc>
          > >
          > > If 'selection' is "inclusive", the result is the same.
          > >
          > > If 'selection' is "exclusive", instead I get:
          > >
          > > my very excellent mongooser just served us nachos
          > >

          > Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.

          Thanks for the quick fix! I'll include it.

          I should ask for a test though...

          --
          It is illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over
          puddles of water.

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2012
            Hi Bram!

            On Mi, 03 Okt 2012, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > Christian Brabandt wrote:
            >
            > > On Mon, October 1, 2012 23:37, Ben Fritz wrote:
            > > > Consider the text:
            > > >
            > > > my very excellent mother just served us nachos
            > > >
            > > > Launching Vim with:
            > > >
            > > > gvim -N -u NONE -i NONE
            > > >
            > > > Start with the cursor at the beginning of the line. Search for "mother".
            > > > becomes:
            > > >
            > > > my very excellent mongoose just served us nachos
            > > >
            > > > Undo the change, and go to the end of the line. Type cgNmongoose<Esc>
            > > >
            > > > If 'selection' is "inclusive", the result is the same.
            > > >
            > > > If 'selection' is "exclusive", instead I get:
            > > >
            > > > my very excellent mongooser just served us nachos
            > > >

            > > Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.
            >
            > Thanks for the quick fix! I'll include it.
            >
            > I should ask for a test though...

            Attached.

            regards,
            Christian
            --
            Der Staat an und für sich ist das sittlichste Ganze, die
            Verwirklichung der Freiheit; und es ist absoluter Zweck der Vernunft,

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2012
              Christian Brabandt wrote:

              > On Mi, 03 Okt 2012, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
              > >
              > > Christian Brabandt wrote:

              > > > Thanks. Good description. Attached patch fixes it.
              > >
              > > Thanks for the quick fix! I'll include it.
              > >
              > > I should ask for a test though...
              >
              > Attached.

              Great, thanks. I'll try it out soon.

              --
              Females are strictly forbidden to appear unshaven in public.
              [real standing law in New Mexico, United States of America]