vim, tmux and E315

  • enricostn
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
      Hi,

      I'm using Vim within tmux on a ArchLinux system.

      When I try to resize (using the mouse) Vim windows then just nothing happen, but if I open NERDtree and try resize staying in NERDtree window then I get this error:
      E315 ml_get: invalid lnum: 4

      outside tmux it just works fine.

      In attachment you'll find bugreport.txt file.

      Thank you,

      enricostn

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
        On Friday, September 28, 2012 11:25:12 AM UTC-5, enricostn wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm using Vim within tmux on a ArchLinux system.
        >
        > When I try to resize (using the mouse) Vim windows then just nothing happen, but if I open NERDtree and try resize staying in NERDtree window then I get this error:
        > E315 ml_get: invalid lnum: 4

        This is an internal error and IIUC correctly should never happen. To make it easier to reproduce, what version of NERDtree are you using? What NERDtree settings are you using?

        Can you reproduce it with ONLY the NERDtree plugin installed, and none of your usual .vimrc customizations or other plugins?

        > outside tmux it just works fine.

        Is the same Vim version used inside and outside tmux? Can you post the :version output of each?

      • enricostn
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012

          the GitHub version https://github.com/scrooloose/nerdtree

          > Can you reproduce it with ONLY the NERDtree plugin installed, and none of your usual .vimrc customizations or other plugins?

          it's not so simple or me, but I'll try

          > Is the same Vim version used inside and outside tmux? Can you post the :version output of each?

          yes it is, and it's the 7.3

          BTW I think that we should start to reproduce the "no resize" problem outside the NERDtree windows.

          thank you!

        • Ben Fritz
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 28, 2012
            On Friday, September 28, 2012 11:52:51 AM UTC-5, enricostn wrote:
            > > This is an internal error and IIUC correctly should never happen. To make it easier to reproduce, what version of NERDtree are you using? What NERDtree settings are you using?
            >
            > the GitHub version https://github.com/scrooloose/nerdtree

            WHICH GitHub version? There are regular commits to GitHub going back over 4 years (I stopped hitting the "older" button at around August 2008, I have no idea how old the project is).

            > > Can you reproduce it with ONLY the NERDtree plugin installed, and none of your usual .vimrc customizations or other plugins?
            >
            > it's not so simple or me, but I'll try
            >
            > > Is the same Vim version used inside and outside tmux? Can you post the :version output of each?
            >
            > yes it is, and it's the 7.3

            WHICH 7.3 version of Vim? As of right now, there have been a little fewer than 700 bugfixes and feature additions since the initial 7.3 release. Your version output should look something like:

            VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled May 26 2011 05:23:29)
            MS-Windows 32-bit GUI version with OLE support
            Included patches: 1-206
            Compiled by digitectNO@...
            Huge version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):

            Is ALL of this information the same? Specifically, is the "included patches" line and the "XXX version with/without GUI" line the same?

            > BTW I think that we should start to reproduce the "no resize" problem outside the NERDtree windows.

            Oops, re-reading your post, I see that you have another problem as well, that you cannot resize Vim windows with the mouse.

            Did you try resizing a split window within Vim, or the terminal window itself?

            What is the value of your 'mouse' option?

            Actually, from :help 'mouse' and :help mouse-using, I'm not sure if mouse usage in Vim is supported on your system. I'm not familiar enough with using Vim in a terminal to be of much further help in that regard.