[patch] highlighting overstruck characters in less mode reading from stdin

  • cheater cheater
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2012
      Standard less interprets ^H by moving the cursor to the left, characters overstruck this way (x^Hx) are bold. I have made runtime/syntax/pager.vim which mimics this, and updated less.vim to use it when the input is stdin. I'm not sure if everything is done the way it should be, but the patch works and it's only a few lines. Plus, we get nice yellow-and-white instead of stupid monochrome :)

      This among others fixes man pages and the python repl help() command.

      For feedback please cc to cheater00@..., thanks