Re: Using as a leader key breaks 'Does not trigger the InsertLeave autocommand event'

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1 2:14 AM
      On 1 August 2012 04:38, Kana Natsuno <whileimautomaton@...> wrote:
      > On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:03:48 AM UTC+9, Lech Lorens wrote:
      >> From ":help InsertLeave":
      >>
      >> *InsertLeave*
      >> InsertLeave When leaving Insert mode. Also when using
      >> CTRL-O |i_CTRL-O|. But not for |i_CTRL-C|.
      >
      > I've also confirmed the problem.
      > <C-c> usually does not trigger InsertLeave as documented,
      > but <C-c> triggers InsertLeave after adding a key mapping as Mikey described.

      Whoops, seems that I have some serious problems with reading
      comprehension. I misunderstood what the issue was, sorry.

      Cheers,
      Lech

    • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1 8:25 AM
        Sorry for top post. And sorry, I'm talking about this without making
        sure the behavour.
        I wonder why you are trying to get InsertLeave with nnoremap. I
        beleave that leader <c-c> afect to insert mode at the first. So I'm
        thinking it should be inoremap to do that.

        On 8/1/12, Mikey <smieciarski@...> wrote:
        > Using <C-c> as a leader key breaks 'Does not trigger the InsertLeave
        > autocommand event'
        >
        > I use GVim 7.3.600.
        > Steps to reproduce:
        >
        > gvim -u NONE -U NONE
        > set nocompatible
        > au InsertLeave * :echo "InsertLeave event triggered"
        > nnoremap <C-c>a k
        >
        > Now enter some text and while being in insert mode press <C-c> to exit
        > to normal mode.
        >
        > --

        - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1 8:37 AM
          On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:25:57 AM UTC-5, mattn wrote:
          > Sorry for top post. And sorry, I'm talking about this without making
          >
          > sure the behavour.
          >
          > I wonder why you are trying to get InsertLeave with nnoremap. I
          >
          > beleave that leader <c-c> afect to insert mode at the first. So I'm
          >
          > thinking it should be inoremap to do that.

          I think the problem is that the OP DOESN'T want the InsertLeave autocmd to fire, so he uses <C-C> to exit insert mode. The docs say <C-C> should exit insert mode without firing the autocmd. If I understand correctly, with <C-C> as part of the LHS of a *normal mode* mapping, exiting Insert mode with <C-C> DOES trigger the autocmd.

          I also confirm this behavior. I would expect that a <C-C> mapping in normal mode has no effect on behavior of insert mode, but in this case, it does.

        • Mikey
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1 9:46 AM
            On Aug 1, 5:37 pm, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@...> wrote:
            > I think the problem is that the OP DOESN'T want the InsertLeave autocmd to fire, so he uses <C-C> to exit insert mode. The docs say <C-C> should exit insert mode without firing the autocmd. If I understand correctly, with <C-C> as part of the LHS of a *normal mode* mapping, exiting Insert mode with <C-C> DOES trigger the autocmd.

            That's exactly what I meant.