Re: Using as a leader key breaks 'Does not trigger the InsertLeave autocommand event'

  • Kana Natsuno
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2012
      On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:03:48 AM UTC+9, Lech Lorens wrote:
      > From ":help InsertLeave":
      >
      > *InsertLeave*
      > InsertLeave When leaving Insert mode. Also when using
      > CTRL-O |i_CTRL-O|. But not for |i_CTRL-C|.

      I've also confirmed the problem.
      <C-c> usually does not trigger InsertLeave as documented,
      but <C-c> triggers InsertLeave after adding a key mapping as Mikey described.

    • Lech Lorens
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012
        On 1 August 2012 04:38, Kana Natsuno <whileimautomaton@...> wrote:
        > On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:03:48 AM UTC+9, Lech Lorens wrote:
        >> From ":help InsertLeave":
        >>
        >> *InsertLeave*
        >> InsertLeave When leaving Insert mode. Also when using
        >> CTRL-O |i_CTRL-O|. But not for |i_CTRL-C|.
        >
        > I've also confirmed the problem.
        > <C-c> usually does not trigger InsertLeave as documented,
        > but <C-c> triggers InsertLeave after adding a key mapping as Mikey described.

        Whoops, seems that I have some serious problems with reading
        comprehension. I misunderstood what the issue was, sorry.

        Cheers,
        Lech

      • Yasuhiro MATSUMOTO
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012
          Sorry for top post. And sorry, I'm talking about this without making
          sure the behavour.
          I wonder why you are trying to get InsertLeave with nnoremap. I
          beleave that leader <c-c> afect to insert mode at the first. So I'm
          thinking it should be inoremap to do that.

          On 8/1/12, Mikey <smieciarski@...> wrote:
          > Using <C-c> as a leader key breaks 'Does not trigger the InsertLeave
          > autocommand event'
          >
          > I use GVim 7.3.600.
          > Steps to reproduce:
          >
          > gvim -u NONE -U NONE
          > set nocompatible
          > au InsertLeave * :echo "InsertLeave event triggered"
          > nnoremap <C-c>a k
          >
          > Now enter some text and while being in insert mode press <C-c> to exit
          > to normal mode.
          >
          > --

          - Yasuhiro Matsumoto

        • Ben Fritz
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012
            On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:25:57 AM UTC-5, mattn wrote:
            > Sorry for top post. And sorry, I'm talking about this without making
            >
            > sure the behavour.
            >
            > I wonder why you are trying to get InsertLeave with nnoremap. I
            >
            > beleave that leader <c-c> afect to insert mode at the first. So I'm
            >
            > thinking it should be inoremap to do that.

            I think the problem is that the OP DOESN'T want the InsertLeave autocmd to fire, so he uses <C-C> to exit insert mode. The docs say <C-C> should exit insert mode without firing the autocmd. If I understand correctly, with <C-C> as part of the LHS of a *normal mode* mapping, exiting Insert mode with <C-C> DOES trigger the autocmd.

            I also confirm this behavior. I would expect that a <C-C> mapping in normal mode has no effect on behavior of insert mode, but in this case, it does.

          • Mikey
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2012
              On Aug 1, 5:37 pm, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@...> wrote:
              > I think the problem is that the OP DOESN'T want the InsertLeave autocmd to fire, so he uses <C-C> to exit insert mode. The docs say <C-C> should exit insert mode without firing the autocmd. If I understand correctly, with <C-C> as part of the LHS of a *normal mode* mapping, exiting Insert mode with <C-C> DOES trigger the autocmd.

              That's exactly what I meant.