[patch] :checkpath! reports random strings instead of actual file names

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19 2:04 PM
      The :checkpath! command reports random strings if the 'include' option
      is set to a value containing "\zs" and "\ze".
      The attached file checkpath-problem.tar.gz includes a couple of files
      which allow the problem to show. Just enter the checkpath-problem
      directory and run "vim -S ./do.vim". The last reported file name will
      be "Its 5 50 Do you know where your pointer is" instead of "foo.h",
      which is a comment following the «#include "foo.h"» preprocessor
      statement directive in foo/bar/baz.h. If there was no comment, a
      random string would be printed.

      checkpath.patch contains a patch fixing the problem.

      Cheers,
      Lech

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20 12:48 PM
        Lech Lorens wrote:

        > The :checkpath! command reports random strings if the 'include' option
        > is set to a value containing "\zs" and "\ze".
        > The attached file checkpath-problem.tar.gz includes a couple of files
        > which allow the problem to show. Just enter the checkpath-problem
        > directory and run "vim -S ./do.vim". The last reported file name will
        > be "Its 5 50 Do you know where your pointer is" instead of "foo.h",
        > which is a comment following the «#include "foo.h"» preprocessor
        > statement directive in foo/bar/baz.h. If there was no comment, a
        > random string would be printed.
        >
        > checkpath.patch contains a patch fixing the problem.

        Thanks!

        156. You forget your friend's name but not her e-mail address.

      • Lech Lorens
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22 4:45 PM
          On 21 July 2012 16:45, Lech Lorens <lech.lorens@...> wrote:
          > On 20 July 2012 21:48, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
          >> Lech Lorens wrote:
          >>> checkpath.patch contains a patch fixing the problem.
          >>
          >> Thanks!
          >
          > I found one more problem with :checkpath! and there are no tests for
          > the functionality.
          > I'll send an updated patch tonight or tomorrow.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Lech

          So here's the promised updated patch. The previous version broke
          ":checkpath!" when there was no "\zs" within 'include'.
          I added tests for ":checkpath" to test17. Note that when setting up
          the first test I use ":lang C" to make sure that the messages are in
          English. I'm not sure this is acceptable. Let me know if I should find
          another solution.

          Cheers,
          Lech

        • Tony Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22 5:33 PM
            On 23/07/12 01:45, Lech Lorens wrote:
            > On 21 July 2012 16:45, Lech Lorens <lech.lorens@...> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> Thanks!
            >>
            >> I found one more problem with :checkpath! and there are no tests for
            >> the functionality.
            >> I'll send an updated patch tonight or tomorrow.
            >>
            >> Cheers,
            >> Lech
            >
            > So here's the promised updated patch. The previous version broke
            > ":checkpath!" when there was no "\zs" within 'include'.
            > I added tests for ":checkpath" to test17. Note that when setting up
            > the first test I use ":lang C" to make sure that the messages are in
            > English. I'm not sure this is acceptable. Let me know if I should find
            > another solution.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Lech

            C is acceptable on Linux. IIRC it is *not* acceptable on Windows, where,
            however, ":language messages en" was acceptable when I was on XT (but it
            might have changed since then). I don't know about Mac. I think (but,
            people, please confirm if you have one) that C is acceptable on other
            Unix-like systems.

            Love's Drug

            My love is like an iron wand
            That conks me on the head,
            My love is like the valium
            That I take before my bed,
            My love is like the pint of scotch
            That I drink when I be dry;
            And I shall love thee still, my dear,
            Until my wife is wise.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 25 4:48 AM
              Lech Lorens wrote:

              > On 21 July 2012 16:45, Lech Lorens <lech.lorens@...> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> Thanks!
              > >
              > > I found one more problem with :checkpath! and there are no tests for
              > > the functionality.
              > > I'll send an updated patch tonight or tomorrow.
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > Lech
              >
              > So here's the promised updated patch. The previous version broke
              > ":checkpath!" when there was no "\zs" within 'include'.
              > I added tests for ":checkpath" to test17. Note that when setting up
              > the first test I use ":lang C" to make sure that the messages are in
              > English. I'm not sure this is acceptable. Let me know if I should find
              > another solution.

              Thanks, I'll include it. Setting language to C is good.

              --
              "Hit any key to continue" it said, but nothing happened after F sharp.