Re: Can you find features being worked on for next version

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2012
      On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:33:32 AM UTC-5, Martin Lundberg wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I thought I'd already asked this once before but I couldn't find it so I'm asking now. Is there a place where one can see which features are being worked on for the next version of vim? I know about http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php but that doesn't really say if you're working on anything or not.
      >
      > If there are no such place, is there any specific features being worked on now for the next vim or are there just bugfixes?

      I've seen patches for variable tabstops and elastic tabstops but I don't think they're actively being worked on, and certainly aren't in the main repository (and the elastic tabstops one needed a lot of work). There are a ton of bugfixes and minor feature additions already complete, see ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.3/README.

      Note the recent patches which improved python integration, number 1 on the voting results page. Other features on the voting list are likewise already implemented, e.g. we added the InsertCharPre autocmd event.