[patch] Make :tabmove +X and :tabmove -X work

  • Lech Lorens
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2012
      The attached patch makes it possible to move a tab X places to the right
      by issuing:

      :tabmove +X

      and X places to the left:

      :tabmove -X

      A set of tests has been added and the undocumented possibility of
      specifying the argument as ":3tabmove" has been removed to prevent the
      inconsistency which ":tabmove +3" versus "+3tabmove" would present (the
      latter means move behind the tab whose number is the number of current
      line plus 3).

      --
      Cheers,
      Lech

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
        Lech Lorens wrote:

        > The attached patch makes it possible to move a tab X places to the right
        > by issuing:
        >
        > :tabmove +X
        >
        > and X places to the left:
        >
        > :tabmove -X
        >
        > A set of tests has been added and the undocumented possibility of
        > specifying the argument as ":3tabmove" has been removed to prevent the
        > inconsistency which ":tabmove +3" versus "+3tabmove" would present (the
        > latter means move behind the tab whose number is the number of current
        > line plus 3).

        Thanks, sounds useful. I'll add it to the todo list.

        I do think we need to keep the existing behavior of ":3tabmove", it's
        consistent with using a count for an Ex command. Just document that the
        +3 and -3 only work when the count is after the command.

        --
        Warning label on a superhero Halloween costume:
        "Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly."

      • Lech Lorens
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
          On 2 July 2012 20:12, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
          > Thanks, sounds useful. I'll add it to the todo list.
          >
          > I do think we need to keep the existing behavior of ":3tabmove", it's
          > consistent with using a count for an Ex command. Just document that the
          > +3 and -3 only work when the count is after the command.

          Done. Find the updated patch attached.

          Cheers,
          LL