Re: runtimefiles QA

  • Thilo Six
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012
      Hello

      Excerpt from Thilo Six:
      -- <snip> --

      lets have some proper english:
      - Now this script runs a single inside Vim instance.
      + Now this script runs inside a single Vim instance.
      -- <snip> --
      Thilo

      4096R/0xC70B1A8F

    • Thilo Six
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012
        > Hello Bram,
        > Hello Folks,

        -- <snip> --
        > What i think about is to have the following:
        >
        > * start vim with $ vim -i NONE -u NONE
        > * dump its ist whole configuration (including variables) into a file
        > * source a runtimefile at a time
        > * dump the configuration again
        > * diff the two configurations for differences
        > * repeat with the next runtimefile
        >
        > Thoughts? I need to seek if there is the possibilty to dump the whole
        > configuration including all [gs:]variables. Ideas?

        I now have the attached updated script. Two peaces are currently missing:
        1) How to modify the output of ':set' to only have one setting per line?
        2) How to dump the output from the catch clause (line 28) to a file instead of
        a buffer?

        Thilo

        4096R/0xC70B1A8F

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012
          Thilo Six wrote:

          > > Hello Bram,
          > > Hello Folks,
          >
          > -- <snip> --
          > > What i think about is to have the following:
          > >
          > > * start vim with $ vim -i NONE -u NONE
          > > * dump its ist whole configuration (including variables) into a file
          > > * source a runtimefile at a time
          > > * dump the configuration again
          > > * diff the two configurations for differences
          > > * repeat with the next runtimefile
          > >
          > > Thoughts? I need to seek if there is the possibilty to dump the whole
          > > configuration including all [gs:]variables. Ideas?
          >
          > I now have the attached updated script. Two peaces are currently missing:
          > 1) How to modify the output of ':set' to only have one setting per line?
          > 2) How to dump the output from the catch clause (line 28) to a file instead of
          > a buffer?

          Thanks. I'll look into it later.

          7. Finish all your sentences with "in accordance with the prophecy".