Re: [doc] align columns when :set conceallevel=2

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 3, 2012
      Ken Takata wrote:

      > Columns in Vim's doc seem to be aligned with :set conceallevel=0,
      > but :set conceallevel=2 is the default now.
      > Attached patch will align columns with both settings (cole=0, 2)
      > by adding one or two white spaces between a word and a tab.

      Thanks for looking into this. However, we would like to have the
      alignment correct both for with and without concealing. There is a todo
      item to make Tabs move to the same position with and without concealing.
      Once that is done we can fix the spacing.

      So please hold this patch until the Tab behavior is changed. Then we at
      least know what to change.

      21. Your dog has its own home page.

    • Ken Takata
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 3, 2012
        Hi Bram and Dominique,

        > So please hold this patch until the Tab behavior is changed. Then we at
        > least know what to change.

        OK, I will wait the change of the Tab behavior.
        If I found misalignments after the change, I will send a new patch.

        E.g. +feature-list (various.txt) isn't aligned when either cole=0 nor cole=2.

        Regards,
        Ken Takata

      • Ken Takata
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 5, 2012
          Hi,

          2012/06/03 Sun 22:38:35 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
          > Hi Bram and Dominique,
          >
          > > So please hold this patch until the Tab behavior is changed. Then we at
          > > least know what to change.
          >
          > OK, I will wait the change of the Tab behavior.
          > If I found misalignments after the change, I will send a new patch.
          >
          > E.g. +feature-list (various.txt) isn't aligned when either cole=0 nor cole=2.

          I think it's ready to update my patch because the Tab behavior is
          changed in 7.3.748.
          Here is an updated patch.

          Best regards,
          Ken Takata

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 5, 2012
            Ken Takata wrote:

            > 2012/06/03 Sun 22:38:35 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
            > > Hi Bram and Dominique,
            > >
            > > > So please hold this patch until the Tab behavior is changed. Then we at
            > > > least know what to change.
            > >
            > > OK, I will wait the change of the Tab behavior.
            > > If I found misalignments after the change, I will send a new patch.
            > >
            > > E.g. +feature-list (various.txt) isn't aligned when either cole=0 nor cole=2.
            >
            > I think it's ready to update my patch because the Tab behavior is
            > changed in 7.3.748.
            > Here is an updated patch.

            Thanks!

            102. When filling out your driver's license application, you give
            your IP address.

          • Dominique PellĂ©
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 5, 2012
              Ken Takata wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > 2012/06/03 Sun 22:38:35 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
              >> Hi Bram and Dominique,
              >>
              >> > So please hold this patch until the Tab behavior is changed. Then we at
              >> > least know what to change.
              >>
              >> OK, I will wait the change of the Tab behavior.
              >> If I found misalignments after the change, I will send a new patch.
              >>
              >> E.g. +feature-list (various.txt) isn't aligned when either cole=0 nor cole=2.
              >
              > I think it's ready to update my patch because the Tab behavior is
              > changed in 7.3.748.
              > Here is an updated patch.
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Ken Takata

              Thanks. There might still be a few places in help files where
              things are misaligned even after patch 7.3.748. But the problem
              is not in conceal code any more and it's also rare. It now only
              happens because a few help files mix spaces and tabs
              inconsistently causing misalignments with conceallevel=3
              vs conceallevel=0.

              Attached patch fixes such a misalignment in ":help help".

              Regards
              -- Dominique

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 6, 2012
                Dominique Pelle wrote:

                > Ken Takata wrote:
                >
                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > 2012/06/03 Sun 22:38:35 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
                > >> Hi Bram and Dominique,

                > >> OK, I will wait the change of the Tab behavior.
                > >> If I found misalignments after the change, I will send a new patch.
                > >>
                > >> E.g. +feature-list (various.txt) isn't aligned when either cole=0 nor cole=2.
                > >
                > > I think it's ready to update my patch because the Tab behavior is
                > > changed in 7.3.748.
                > > Here is an updated patch.
                > >
                > > Best regards,
                > > Ken Takata
                >
                > Thanks. There might still be a few places in help files where
                > things are misaligned even after patch 7.3.748. But the problem
                > is not in conceal code any more and it's also rare. It now only
                > happens because a few help files mix spaces and tabs
                > inconsistently causing misalignments with conceallevel=3
                > vs conceallevel=0.
                >
                > Attached patch fixes such a misalignment in ":help help".

                Thanks, I'll include it

                --
                FIXME and XXX are two common keywords used to mark broken or incomplete code
                not only since XXX as a sex reference would grab everybody's attention but

              • Ken Takata
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 30, 2013
                  Hi,

                  Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                  > Dominique Pelle wrote:
                  >
                  > > Ken Takata wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Hi,

                  > > > I think it's ready to update my patch because the Tab behavior is
                  > > > changed in 7.3.748.
                  > > > Here is an updated patch.
                  > > >
                  > > > Best regards,
                  > > > Ken Takata
                  > >
                  > > Thanks. There might still be a few places in help files where
                  > > things are misaligned even after patch 7.3.748. But the problem
                  > > is not in conceal code any more and it's also rare. It now only
                  > > happens because a few help files mix spaces and tabs
                  > > inconsistently causing misalignments with conceallevel=3
                  > > vs conceallevel=0.
                  > >
                  > > Attached patch fixes such a misalignment in ":help help".
                  >
                  > Thanks, I'll include it

                  I found another misalignment in the help files.
                  Attached patch fixes it.

                  Thanks,
                  Ken Takata

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 30, 2013
                    Ken Takata wrote:

                    > I found another misalignment in the help files.
                    > Attached patch fixes it.

                    I'll include it, thanks!

                    --
                    FATHER: You killed eight wedding guests in all!
                    LAUNCELOT: Er, Well ... the thing is ... I thought your son was a lady.

                  • Ken Takata
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 4 9:00 AM
                      Hi Bram,

                      2013/01/31 Thu 0:55:08 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                      > Ken Takata wrote:
                      >
                      > > I found another misalignment in the help files.
                      > > Attached patch fixes it.
                      >
                      > I'll include it, thanks!

                      Sorry for inconvenience. I found misalignment again.
                      fix-alignment-2.patch fixes it.

                      However misalignment still remains in quickref.txt because of
                      mixing spaces and tabs. Maybe it cannot be fix perfectly,
                      but can be better. fix-alignment-3.patch is a patch for that.

                      Thanks,
                      Ken Takata

                    • Ken Takata
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 7, 2013
                        Hi,

                        2013/02/05 Tue 2:00:01 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
                        > Hi Bram,
                        >
                        > 2013/01/31 Thu 0:55:08 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                        >
                        > > Ken Takata wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > I found another misalignment in the help files.
                        > > > Attached patch fixes it.
                        > >
                        > > I'll include it, thanks!
                        >
                        > Sorry for inconvenience. I found misalignment again.
                        > fix-alignment-2.patch fixes it.
                        >
                        > However misalignment still remains in quickref.txt because of
                        > mixing spaces and tabs. Maybe it cannot be fix perfectly,
                        > but can be better. fix-alignment-3.patch is a patch for that.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Ken Takata

                        Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                        Please check it.

                        Thanks,
                        Ken Takata

                        Message 11 of 17 , May 7, 2013
                          Ken Takata wrote:

                          > 2013/02/05 Tue 2:00:01 UTC+9 Ken Takata:
                          > > Hi Bram,

                          > > > I'll include it, thanks!
                          > >
                          > > Sorry for inconvenience. I found misalignment again.
                          > > fix-alignment-2.patch fixes it.
                          > >
                          > > However misalignment still remains in quickref.txt because of
                          > > mixing spaces and tabs. Maybe it cannot be fix perfectly,
                          > > but can be better. fix-alignment-3.patch is a patch for that.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks,
                          > > Ken Takata
                          >
                          > Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                          > Please check it.

                          Included, thanks.

                          --
                          Linux is just like a wigwam: no Windows, no Gates and an Apache inside.

                        • Ken Takata
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 5, 2013
                            Hi,

                            2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                            > Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                            > Please check it.

                            Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 5, 2013
                              Ken Takata wrote:

                              > Hi,
                              >
                              > 2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                              >> Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                              >> Please check it.
                              >
                              > Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch
                              > for misalignment. Please check it.
                              >
                              > Thanks,
                              > Ken Takata

                              Hi

                              The line describing :bprevious in quickref.txt:1335
                              also looks well aligned with conceallevel=0 but
                              misaligned with conceallevel=2.

                              Fixed in attached patch.

                              Regards
                              Dominique

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 6, 2013
                                Ken Takata wrote:

                                > 2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                                > > Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                                > > Please check it.
                                >
                                > Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch
                                > for misalignment. Please check it.

                                Thanks!

                                --
                                [Another hideous roar.]
                                BEDEVERE: That's it!

                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 6, 2013
                                  Dominique Pelle wrote:

                                  > Ken Takata wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > Hi,
                                  > >
                                  > > 2013/05/07 Tue 23:42:49 UTC+9 Ken Takata wrote:
                                  > >> Here is an additional patch for misalignment.
                                  > >> Please check it.
                                  > >
                                  > > Here is the 5th patch for misalignment. I hope this is the last patch
                                  > > for misalignment. Please check it.
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks,
                                  > > Ken Takata
                                  >
                                  > Hi
                                  >
                                  > The line describing :bprevious in quickref.txt:1335
                                  > also looks well aligned with conceallevel=0 but
                                  > misaligned with conceallevel=2.
                                  >
                                  > Fixed in attached patch.

                                  Thanks.

                                  --
                                  Dreams are free, but there's a small charge for alterations.