Re: Debugging vim crash on windows

  • char101
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
      On Saturday, June 2, 2012 3:55:32 PM UTC+7, char101 wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Lately I have been getting rather frequent crash with gvim. It seems to happen randomly. I do have a debug info of the crash. Unfortunately I cannot find what is causing the crash by looking at the debug info. Can anyone help me finding the problem that made gvim crash?
      [DELETE]

      Could this be the cause

      Quote from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366586%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

      ---
      On computers with more than 4 GB of memory, the GlobalMemoryStatus function can return incorrect information, reporting a value of –1 to indicate an overflow.
      ---

      Since vim alloc check for free memory using GlobalMemoryStatus and I have a 8 GB memory, it is possible that the function returns incorrect value. I will try to use GlobalMemoryStatusEx and see if any crash happen.