Re: Substitution of metacharacters

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2012
      On Sa, 26 Mai 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > On Do, 24 Mai 2012, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > > On Do, 24 Mai 2012, Bob von Knobloch wrote:
      > > > Hi, I've searched all over but can't find an answer. How can one perform
      > > > commands like ':%s/\n/\r\r/g' (replacing newlines or tabs etc.) in the
      > > > gui's 'find and replace' dialogue?
      > >
      > > Not possible, the replace text is escaped:
      > >
      > > ,----[ gui.c ]-
      > > |5276 ga_concat(&ga, (char_u *)"/");
      > > |5277 /* escape / and \ */
      > > |5278 p = vim_strsave_escaped(repl_text, (char_u *)"/\\");
      > > `----
      > >
      > > Here is an experimental patch against the gtk gui, that adds an extra
      > > flag, and allows to replace with special chars ,e.g. \t for Tab
      > >
      > > Looking at the dialog, it could possibly also get some more
      > > possibilities, e.g. a confirm/undo button, perhaps even more.
      >
      > Here is an even improved version of the patch, which adds the buttons
      > Undo and Redo to the gtk and motif version and which adds an extra
      > parameter whether to search/replace literally.

      One more update:
      - Replace should work better now (and works like in the current
      version of Gvim).
      - When using REPLACE, the cursor is positioned at the next match,
      but it doesn't take into account, that it could match at the
      current cursor position (so adding the flag SEARCH_START to the
      do_search function) (simple example, search for \. in the gui and
      replace it by A, you'll notice, it will only replace every other
      character).

      regards,
      Christian