Re: home_replace() does not work with short path name on windows.

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2012
      Yasuhiro Matsumoto wrote:

      > > So we can just change :p to expand 8.3 names to their long name and
      > > that's it.
      >
      > Sorry for delay.
      >
      > https://gist.github.com/2832022
      >
      > I wonder whether we should change :p behavior. I'm thinking there are
      > some cases to use "8.3". For example, 8.3 don't have spaces in the
      > path. So it's useful to avoid any bugs when executing external
      > program.
      > I applied this patch above, But some vim plugins occur error. That
      > beleave fnamemodify(tempname(), ':p') dont contains any spaces.

      Well, I think plugins should be able to handle file names with spaces,
      as they occur quite frequently on MS-Windows.

      When I look at the documentation for GetLongPathName it mentions
      restrictions when using the ANSI version. We have the usual problems
      with 'encoding', thus we should use the wide version GetLongPathNameW
      when possible, with the encoding conversion when needed.
      Putting the function in os_win32.c would be appropriate, using
      GetFullPathNameW() is also there.

      > So I suggest one more another patch.
      >
      > https://gist.github.com/2831996
      >
      > This is new modifier ":f". User can manually handing "8.3" path names.
      > If you allow this, I'll add patch for doc.

      We discussed this previously. I think it's simpler to use :p to get the
      full path and when someone needs the 8.3 name use :8 after that. No
      need for a new modifier.

      13. You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.

    • mattn
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 15, 2012
        > We discussed this previously. I think it's simpler to use :p to get the
        > full path and when someone needs the 8.3 name use :8 after that. No
        > need for a new modifier.

        I updated patch.

        https://gist.github.com/2936050

        Previous were broken memory.