&path mangling

  • Alex Efros
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2012
      Hi!

      1) Why default &path contain /usr/include? I suppose this is
      compatibility/historical issue, but maybe this can be safely moved to
      ftplugin/c instead of default value for all files?

      2) ftplugin/perl.vim:
      let &l:path=perlpath
      ftplugin/ruby.vim
      let &l:path = s:ruby_path
      ftplugin/java.vim:
      let &l:path=g:ftplugin_java_source_path . ',' . &l:path
      ftplugin/git.vim:
      let &l:path = escape(fnamemodify(b:git_dir,':h'),'\,').','.&l:path
      let &l:path = escape(b:git_dir,'\, ').','.&l:path

      First two just kill user's &path, other two make user's &path searched
      after system's path. Isn't this wrong? I think user's &path should not
      be ignored at first, and should have higher priority (because it will
      contain current project's directories, which should be searched before
      system directories).

      --
      WBR, Alex.