gf in Perl does not work on Some::Package->some_function

  • Tomáš Janoušek
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2012
      Hello,

      it's quite common to use the syntax Some::Package->new to create new instances
      in Perl, but using gf tries to open a file named Some/Package-.pm, which
      fails. Hence, I suggest adding this to ftplugin/perl.vim:
      setlocal isfname-=-

      (Also, ftplugin/perl.vim in vim 7.3 contains a set isfname+=: instead of
      setlocal. Is that ok?)

      Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/

    • Thilo Six
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2012
        Hello Tomáš,

        Excerpt from Tomáš Janoušek:

        > Hello,
        >
        > it's quite common to use the syntax Some::Package->new to create new instances
        > in Perl, but using gf tries to open a file named Some/Package-.pm, which
        > fails. Hence, I suggest adding this to ftplugin/perl.vim:
        > setlocal isfname-=-

        I cc'ed Andy Lester. As he is the maintainer of that file he has to decide.

        > (Also, ftplugin/perl.vim in vim 7.3 contains a set isfname+=: instead of
        > setlocal. Is that ok?)

        Yes. 'isfname' is global only.

        > Regards,

        Thilo

        4096R/0xC70B1A8F

      • Thilo Six
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2012
          Hello Tomáš,

          I forward the following mail i received from Andy:

          Excerpt from Andy Lester:
          > I don't have the original author on the cc:.
          >
          > Can you please point him to https://github.com/petdance/vim-perl/issues ?

          sure ;)

          > Thanks,
          > xoa