[patch] add diffprg option

  • David Pope
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
      I recently needed to be able to specify a particular 'diff' utility; here's the patch in case it's of use to anyone else.  It's modeled after 'formatprg' and 'equalprg'.

      ----
      David Pope

    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
        On 2012-04-04, David Pope wrote:
        > I recently needed to be able to specify a particular 'diff' utility; here's the
        > patch in case it's of use to anyone else. It's modeled after 'formatprg' and
        > 'equalprg'.

        You can already do this with 'diffexpr'. It's a little more work
        than just setting a diff program, but it's also more flexible. You
        can see an example under ":help diff-diffexpr".

        Regards,
        Gary