Block Cursor And Scoll-Bars [ ( Insert-Mode??) >> ( rectangle-iCursor ?? ) ]

  • Bovy, Stephen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
      I have noticed that when you Mouse-Click on the Scroll-Bars

      The Block - Cursor Becomes a Hollow Rectangle ???? ( That seems like a bug ?? )

      And Actually ( Interestingly ) Nedit used a Hollow-Rectangle to indicate (Insert-Mode) (which is what I am looking for)

      So >> ( It would be nice If we could have another cursor-mode ) "rectangle" that we could use for the iCursor >> rectangle-iCursor :)

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2012
        On Monday, April 2, 2012 1:13:46 PM UTC-5, Bovy, Stephen wrote:
        > I have noticed that when you Mouse-Click on the Scroll-Bars
        >
        > The Block - Cursor Becomes a Hollow Rectangle ???? ( That seems like a bug ?? )

        I don't see it when I click the scroll bars in my gvim 7.3.462 on Windows XP. But I do see it when my gvim loses focus.

        > And Actually ( Interestingly ) Nedit used a Hollow-Rectangle to indicate (Insert-Mode) (which is what I am looking for)
        >
        > So >> ( It would be nice If we could have another cursor-mode ) "rectangle" that we could use for the iCursor >> rectangle-iCursor :)

        I'm not sure what you're asking for here. Does the 'guicursor' option not provide enough functionality for you?

        I've noticed that 'guicursor' seems to have no way to specify the cursor when Vim does not have focus, however.

      • Bovy, Stephen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2012
          I am using windows (7) :)

          I am rather new to vim so please have patience

          I am looking at things with fresh and un-varnished eyes and fingers :)

          What I have observed here is that when I click on the vertical scrollbar The block cursor becomes a hollow rectangle

          But we are discussing a moving target here (since you are using a more-recent version then I am )