[patch] some more issues with 'cursorline'

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 3:02 AM
      Bram,

      while we are at the topic of 'cursorline'. Besides the problem mentioned
      in http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/c26e0846bad490a8
      there are two more problems:

      1) in diff view when scroll-binding two windows, and scrolling,
      the cursorline for the non-active window will also be drawn,
      although there the cursor is on a different line. This only
      happens when scrolling and can be reset partially by :redraw!

      2) When 'nu' is set and the line wraps and 'sbr' is set, note,
      that the 'sbr' string is not underlined. This looks at least
      confusing, but could also be intentionally. I find this
      confusing, because except for the 'sbr' setting all other parts
      of the line is underlined.
      Example:
      :set sbr=+ nu cursorline wrap|exe "norm! 1000ia\<esc>"

      Attached patch fixes both problems.

      regards,
      Christian

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 1:44 PM
        Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > while we are at the topic of 'cursorline'. Besides the problem mentioned
        > in http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/c26e0846bad490a8
        > there are two more problems:
        >
        > 1) in diff view when scroll-binding two windows, and scrolling,
        > the cursorline for the non-active window will also be drawn,
        > although there the cursor is on a different line. This only
        > happens when scrolling and can be reset partially by :redraw!
        >
        > 2) When 'nu' is set and the line wraps and 'sbr' is set, note,
        > that the 'sbr' string is not underlined. This looks at least
        > confusing, but could also be intentionally. I find this
        > confusing, because except for the 'sbr' setting all other parts
        > of the line is underlined.
        > Example:
        > :set sbr=+ nu cursorline wrap|exe "norm! 1000ia\<esc>"
        >
        > Attached patch fixes both problems.

        Thanks. I'll add it next to the other cursorline patches in the todo
        list.

        --
        GALAHAD hurries to the door and pushes through it. As he leaves the room
        we CUT TO the reverse to show that he is now in a room full of bathing