Re: EnhanceMent Suggestion Cursor Line And Number Line :)

  • Thilo Six
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
      Hello

      Excerpt from Ingo Karkat:

      > On 31-Mar-2012 04:09, Bovy, Stephen wrote:
      >
      >> The High-Lighted Cursor Line (?? Could ??) "over-lay" the
      >> intersection of the High-Lighted Number-Line :)
      >
      > While it would be possible in the high-color GVIM to mix the colors of the
      > LineNr and CursorLine highlight groups, this is not generally possible,
      > especially in low-color terminals, and adding a new highlight group just for
      > this minor graphical area is probably not warranted.

      ,----[ patch 7.3.479 ]----------------------

      updated for version 7.3.479
      Problem: When 'cursorline' is set the line number highlighting can't be set
      separately.
      Solution: Add "CursorLineNr". (Howard Buchholz)
      `---------------------------------------------

      > -- regards, ingo

      Thilo

      4096R/0xC70B1A8F

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
        On Sat, March 31, 2012 04:09, Bovy, Stephen wrote:
        > The High-Lighted Cursor Line (?? Could ??) "over-lay" the intersection
        > of the High-Lighted Number-Line :)

        I am not sure, I understand correctly. Do you mean like in the screenshot
        vim_cul1.png (attached)? This was pre Vim 7.3.479 (see screenshot
        vim_cul2.png
        how it is displayed since 7.3.479) and was just changed with
        the introduction of the CursorLineNr Highlighting group. I think this is
        a bug, and hope this will be fixed soon.

        My patch for creating a 'cursorscreenline'น contains a fix for this.

        น) http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/msg/728b9df4a0c27a19

        regards,
        Christian

      • Bovy, Stephen
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2012
          Yup , you have the right idea

          Hmm having a horizontal line such as you displayed would be great

          Many of the IBM 3270 emulators support a horizontal-line :) and it works very nice