Re: Escape sequences on gvim startup on linux

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2012
      On 19/03/2012 09:35, Mike Williams wrote:
      > On 18/03/2012 23:02, John Little wrote:
      >>
      >>> When I start VIM with gvim or vim -g I get an escape sequence in the
      >>> terminal windows (esc has been replaced with ^] to show the full byte
      >>> sequence):
      >>
      >> Do you have a redraw in your .vimrc, or something called from there?
      >> If so, you've struck the problem discussed in
      >> https://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_frm/thread/b7227a0529a6a3e8/6ee9667ff30a3660?hl=en
      >>

      >> A quick way to check would be running vim with
      >>
      >> vim -u NONE -g
      >
      > This does seem to be the issue. However I don't have a redraw in my
      > .vimrc. I am assuming it is in one of my local plugins so will have to
      > work out which one. Many thanks for the pointer.

      Turns out the following line in my .gvimrc was causing the problem:

      gui

      My .gvimrc has a long history (10+ years) and started of on Windows.
      These sorts of things only get revisited when things like this happen.

      TTFN

      Mike
      --
      Don't bother me, I'm busy conserving energy, momentum, and angular momentum.