Re: added TextDeleted and TextYanked events

  • Philippe Vaucher
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 9, 2012
      > Which might be out of date. The latest version is always available at:
      > https://vim.googlecode.com/hg/runtime/doc/todo.txt

      Thanks.
      Philippe

    • Jan Larres
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 12, 2012
        Hi,

        Do you maybe have a yankring-like plugin that makes use of the feature?
        That could help people try it out in real-world scenarios.

        Jan

        --
        -[ OpenPGP key ID: 00A0FD5F ]-
        Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for

      • Philippe Vaucher
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 15, 2012
          > Do you maybe have a yankring-like plugin that makes use of the feature?
          > That could help people try it out in real-world scenarios.

          Yes there is, see https://github.com/the-isz/MinYankRing.vim/tree/events

          Philippe

        • David Fishburn
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 18, 2012
            I will also add this to the YankRing plugin (script #1234).

            I don't se the patch # to put a conditional check in for it.

            Could someone let me know.

            Thanks.

            --
            David Fishburn

            On Mar 16, 2012, at 1:28 AM, Philippe Vaucher <philippe.vaucher@...> wrote:

            >> Do you maybe have a yankring-like plugin that makes use of the feature?
            >> That could help people try it out in real-world scenarios.
            >
            > Yes there is, see https://github.com/the-isz/MinYankRing.vim/tree/events
            >
            > Philippe
            >
            > --

          • Benjamin R. Haskell
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 18, 2012
              On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, David Fishburn wrote:

              > I will also add this to the YankRing plugin (script #1234).
              >
              > I don't se the patch # to put a conditional check in for it.

              It hasn't been applied yet, but you shouldn't check by patch # anyway.
              exists() can detect whether an autocommand for a particular event is
              supported. Use:

              exists('##TextDeleted')

              and

              exists('##TextYanked')

              --
              Best,
              Ben

            • David Fishburn
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 18, 2012
                On Mar 18, 2012, at 6:16 PM, "Benjamin R. Haskell" <vim@...> wrote:

                > On Sun, 18 Mar 2012, David Fishburn wrote:
                >
                >> I will also add this to the YankRing plugin (script #1234).
                >>
                >> I don't se the patch # to put a conditional check in for it.
                >
                > It hasn't been applied yet, but you shouldn't check by patch # anyway. exists() can detect whether an autocommand for a particular event is supported. Use:
                >
                > exists('##TextDeleted')
                >
                > and
                >
                > exists('##TextYanked')

                Perfect thanks Ben.

                --
                David Fishburn

              • Philippe Vaucher
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 7, 2013
                  > It's in the todo list. That list is very long, and bug fixes have
                  > priority. Might take a while.

                  Bump :)

                  Philippe

                • Philippe Vaucher
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 23, 2013
                    Yawn... More than 2 years for a trivial patch like this.

                    https://github.com/Silex/vim/commit/de53ab72c89affa8ba77536ed8920751c037d127

                    Honestly, I'm disapointed. It's been a while I don't use vim anymore but I think vim deserves a more reactive development model than the current one.

                    Bram: I think you clearly need to nominate additional people to apply patches.