Re: [DNS] vim.org should point to www.vim.org

  • François Ingelrest
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012
      On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:24, Birger J. Nordølum wrote:
      > I can only once again petition that the DNS part of the Vim project get
      > fixed, as this is to considered as being a flawed configuration, and can't
      > be acknowledged as a "good" design decision.

      I personally don't care whether vim.org works without the www prefix
      or not, but I'd vote to "fix" it just to stop the recurring requests
      for making it work. And I must say I can't see any reason to prevent
      vim.org from working without the www prefix, while I can easily find
      some to make it work.

    • Thilo Six
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012
        Hello,

        Excerpt from François Ingelrest:

        -- <snip> --
        > I personally don't care whether vim.org works without the www prefix
        > or not, but I'd vote to "fix" it just to stop the recurring requests
        > for making it work. And I must say I can't see any reason to prevent
        > vim.org from working without the www prefix, while I can easily find
        > some to make it work.

        I would second that. Maybe one reason for leaving the prefix out for me is, it
        would be more in vims fashion. E.g. one can use 'set ea' instead of
        'set equalalways' as long as it is uniq but apart from that i do not care really.

        PS. can i haz tabcompletition in the urlbar plz? scnr
        Thilo

        4096R/0xC70B1A8F

      • MacDonald, Stuart
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2012
          From: vim_dev@... [mailto:vim_dev@...] On
          > opera => failure
          [snip]
          > 2012/1 Opera: 2%
          >
          > Thus I expect only those to have trouble which belong to those 2% *and*
          > forget to type www. (rough estimation)

          Hi there. You're talking about me. And yeah, it's annoying when I hit
          the issue. Always meant to complain, never got around to it.

          > I agree that things should "just work" so I'd vote for "fixing" it - but
          > given that it may just work for a lot of users ..

          Had I the authority, I could have fixed this problem in the time it
          took to type this reply.

          If TPTB want to bestow the authority on me, I will fix it.

          ...Stu