[BUG & PATCH] commandline curosr position on focus in gvim

  • lilydjwg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2012
      It's not easy to reproduce the problem I've found. You need to use some
      kind of GTK input method, tested ones are fcitx and ibus.

      1. start gvim, enter insert mode once (for ibus; fcitx doesn't need
      this);
      2. enter commandline mode and optionally type something, then switch to
      another application and switch back;
      3. the cursor is placed in the window, not the commandline. However,
      continuing to type will bring it back.

      This doesn't happen if I use XIM or none at all. The attached patch
      fixed this.

      lilydjwg

      Linux Vim Python 我的博客:
      http://lilydjwg.is-programmer.com/
      --
      A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
      Q: Why is top posting so bad?

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2012
        Lilydjwg wrote:

        > It's not easy to reproduce the problem I've found. You need to use some
        > kind of GTK input method, tested ones are fcitx and ibus.
        >
        > 1. start gvim, enter insert mode once (for ibus; fcitx doesn't need
        > this);
        > 2. enter commandline mode and optionally type something, then switch to
        > another application and switch back;
        > 3. the cursor is placed in the window, not the commandline. However,
        > continuing to type will bring it back.
        >
        > This doesn't happen if I use XIM or none at all. The attached patch
        > fixed this.

        Thanks. Looks safe to include.

        134. You consider bandwidth to be more important than carats.