:nnoremap bug?

  • Christian J. Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2012
      If I execute the following:

      cat > esc.vim <<EOF
      nnoremap <esc> :echo "esc pressed"<cr>
      EOF
      vim -u esc.vim -U NONE -N --noplugin

      Vim will echo "esc pressed" on startup, before any user input occurs.
      I can sometimes get additional odd behavior that is hard to describe.

      I'm writing this report due to this question on superuser.com:
      http://superuser.com/questions/385677/this-line-in-vimrc-causes-vim-to-open-in-c-mode/

      - Christian

      --
      Having a non-smoking section in a restaurant
      is like having a non-peeing section in a pool.