Re: Improved readfile

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
      On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM, John Little <john.b.little@...> wrote:

      >> Sounds good.  So does this one replace the patch the Dominique made?
      >
      > Yes.

      Here's the patch adjusted to the hg source. Also MSVC compiler doesn't
      recognize MAX so I changed it into max.

    • John Little
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Feb 3, 3:21 pm, Charles <peac...@...> wrote:

        > Here's the patch adjusted to the hg source.

        Thank you. I did the diff from hg, but I must have got my repository
        out of line.

        > Also MSVC compiler doesn't
        > recognize MAX so I changed it into max.

        I only used it because I saw it in other vim code, but now, looking
        again, the only reference outside of X specific code is in vim.h, to
        undefine it. max() doesn't compile for me on linux.

        Perhaps the longer but more explicit:

        {
        long grow50pc = (prevsize * 3)/2;
        long growmin = (p - start) * 2 + prevlen;
        prevsize = grow50pc > growmin ? grow50pc :
        growmin;
        }

        Regards, John