Re: Improved readfile

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
      > Sounds good.  So does this one replace the patch the Dominique made?

      Yes.

      Regards, John

    • Charles
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM, John Little <john.b.little@...> wrote:

        >> Sounds good.  So does this one replace the patch the Dominique made?
        >
        > Yes.

        Here's the patch adjusted to the hg source. Also MSVC compiler doesn't
        recognize MAX so I changed it into max.

      • John Little
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
          On Feb 3, 3:21 pm, Charles <peac...@...> wrote:

          > Here's the patch adjusted to the hg source.

          Thank you. I did the diff from hg, but I must have got my repository
          out of line.

          > Also MSVC compiler doesn't
          > recognize MAX so I changed it into max.

          I only used it because I saw it in other vim code, but now, looking
          again, the only reference outside of X specific code is in vim.h, to
          undefine it. max() doesn't compile for me on linux.

          Perhaps the longer but more explicit:

          {
          long grow50pc = (prevsize * 3)/2;
          long growmin = (p - start) * 2 + prevlen;
          prevsize = grow50pc > growmin ? grow50pc :
          growmin;
          }

          Regards, John