Re: cfile autocmd

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      Marcin Szamotulski wrote:

      > Dear Bram and Vim_Dev,
      >
      > I attach a patch which adds the following commands to QuickFixCmdPre and
      > QuickFixCmdPost autocmds groups: :cfile, :cgetfile, :caddfile, :lfile,
      > :lgetfile, :laddfile.
      >
      > The reason is that for some compilers (for example LaTeX) the error file is
      > not easily readable by vim using errorformat. With this patch using
      > QuickFxCmdPost, one can write a script which rewrites the log file in a vim
      > readable way.
      >
      > The attached patch contains also changes to the description of QuickFixCmdPre
      > in the doc.

      Thanks. I'll add this to the todo list.

      22. You've already visited all the links at Yahoo and you're halfway through
      Lycos.

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
        On 11:12 Wed 01 Feb , Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
        > Dear Bram and Vim_Dev,
        >
        > I attach a patch which adds the following commands to QuickFixCmdPre and
        > QuickFixCmdPost autocmds groups: :cfile, :cgetfile, :caddfile, :lfile,
        > :lgetfile, :laddfile.
        >
        > The reason is that for some compilers (for example LaTeX) the error file is
        > not easily readable by vim using errorformat. With this patch using
        > QuickFxCmdPost, one can write a script which rewrites the log file in a vim
        > readable way.
        >
        > The attached patch contains also changes to the description of QuickFixCmdPre
        > in the doc.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Marcin Szamotulski

        I send an updated version of the patch: QuickFixCmdPost for :cfile and :lfile
        is run after reading the errorfile but before jumping to the first error. The
        intention for the group is to be able filter error list (For example LaTeX
        is quite verbatim, and this allows to show different kind of warning,
        depending on user settings.

        Best regards,
        Marcin