Re: Issue 50 in vim: tex.vim does not understand IEEEeqnarray environment

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
      vim@... wrote:
      > Owner: ----
      > Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
      >
      > New issue 50 by asom...@...: tex.vim does not understand
      > IEEEeqnarray environment
      > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=50
      >
      > What steps will reproduce the problem?
      > 1. Open a LaTeX document that uses IEEEeqnarray
      > 2. Enter this string: \begin{IEEEeqnarray}{rCl}x_0 & = &
      > x_1\end{IEEEeqnarray}
      > 3. Notice that the underscores are highlighted as errors
      > [snip]
      > Attachments:
      > tex.vim.patch 975 bytes

      In addition, may I point out that in :help tex-package there's a
      comment about posting extension support:

      "Please consider uploading any extensions that you write, which
      typically would go in $HOME/after/syntax/tex/[pkgname].vim, to
      http://vim.sf.net/"

      You should change your patch into such an extension support bit, having
      the code go into

      .vim/after/syntax/tex/IEEEeqnarray.vim

      could be helpful to others.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • vim@googlecode.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2012
        Updates:

        Comment #1 on issue 50 by drc...@...: tex.vim does not
        understand IEEEeqnarray environment

        May I suggest some reading:

        :help tex-package
        :help tex-math

        So, not having IEEEeqnarray supported is not a bug and no modifications to
        syntax/tex.vim will be made to support it.

        In addition, may I point out that in :help tex-package that there's a
        comment about posting extension support:

        "Please consider uploading any extensions that you write, which typically
        would go in $HOME/after/syntax/tex/[pkgname].vim, to http://vim.sf.net/"

        You should change your patch into such an extension support plugin, having
        the code go into

        .vim/after/syntax/tex/IEEEeqnarray.vim

        which could be helpful to others.