cfile autocmd

  • Marcin Szamotulski
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      Dear Bram and Vim_Dev,

      I attach a patch which adds the following commands to QuickFixCmdPre and
      QuickFixCmdPost autocmds groups: :cfile, :cgetfile, :caddfile, :lfile,
      :lgetfile, :laddfile.

      The reason is that for some compilers (for example LaTeX) the error file is
      not easily readable by vim using errorformat. With this patch using
      QuickFxCmdPost, one can write a script which rewrites the log file in a vim
      readable way.

      The attached patch contains also changes to the description of QuickFixCmdPre
      in the doc.

      Best regards,
      Marcin Szamotulski

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
        Marcin Szamotulski wrote:

        > Dear Bram and Vim_Dev,
        >
        > I attach a patch which adds the following commands to QuickFixCmdPre and
        > QuickFixCmdPost autocmds groups: :cfile, :cgetfile, :caddfile, :lfile,
        > :lgetfile, :laddfile.
        >
        > The reason is that for some compilers (for example LaTeX) the error file is
        > not easily readable by vim using errorformat. With this patch using
        > QuickFxCmdPost, one can write a script which rewrites the log file in a vim
        > readable way.
        >
        > The attached patch contains also changes to the description of QuickFixCmdPre
        > in the doc.

        Thanks. I'll add this to the todo list.

        22. You've already visited all the links at Yahoo and you're halfway through
        Lycos.

      • Marcin Szamotulski
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2012
          On 11:12 Wed 01 Feb , Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
          > Dear Bram and Vim_Dev,
          >
          > I attach a patch which adds the following commands to QuickFixCmdPre and
          > QuickFixCmdPost autocmds groups: :cfile, :cgetfile, :caddfile, :lfile,
          > :lgetfile, :laddfile.
          >
          > The reason is that for some compilers (for example LaTeX) the error file is
          > not easily readable by vim using errorformat. With this patch using
          > QuickFxCmdPost, one can write a script which rewrites the log file in a vim
          > readable way.
          >
          > The attached patch contains also changes to the description of QuickFixCmdPre
          > in the doc.
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Marcin Szamotulski

          I send an updated version of the patch: QuickFixCmdPost for :cfile and :lfile
          is run after reading the errorfile but before jumping to the first error. The
          intention for the group is to be able filter error list (For example LaTeX
          is quite verbatim, and this allows to show different kind of warning,
          depending on user settings.

          Best regards,
          Marcin