Issue 50 in vim: tex.vim does not understand IEEEeqnarray environment

  • vim@googlecode.com
      Owner: ----
      Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

      New issue 50 by asom...@...: tex.vim does not understand IEEEeqnarray
      environment

      What steps will reproduce the problem?
      1. Open a LaTeX document that uses IEEEeqnarray
      2. Enter this string: \begin{IEEEeqnarray}{rCl}x_0 & = &
      x_1\end{IEEEeqnarray}
      3. Notice that the underscores are highlighted as errors

      The underscores are highlighted as errors. Everything within IEEEeqnarray
      should be treated as mathmode syntax

      7.3 on Gentoo and Ubuntu 11.04

      Attachments:
      tex.vim.patch 975 bytes

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2012
        vim@... wrote:
        > Owner: ----
        > Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
        >
        > New issue 50 by asom...@...: tex.vim does not understand
        > IEEEeqnarray environment
        > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=50
        >
        > What steps will reproduce the problem?
        > 1. Open a LaTeX document that uses IEEEeqnarray
        > 2. Enter this string: \begin{IEEEeqnarray}{rCl}x_0 & = &
        > x_1\end{IEEEeqnarray}
        > 3. Notice that the underscores are highlighted as errors
        >
        > What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
        > The underscores are highlighted as errors. Everything within
        > IEEEeqnarray should be treated as mathmode syntax

        May I suggest some reading:

        :help tex-package
        :help tex-math

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

      • Charles Campbell
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
          vim@... wrote:
          > Owner: ----
          > Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
          >
          > New issue 50 by asom...@...: tex.vim does not understand
          > IEEEeqnarray environment
          > http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/detail?id=50
          >
          > What steps will reproduce the problem?
          > 1. Open a LaTeX document that uses IEEEeqnarray
          > 2. Enter this string: \begin{IEEEeqnarray}{rCl}x_0 & = &
          > x_1\end{IEEEeqnarray}
          > 3. Notice that the underscores are highlighted as errors
          > [snip]
          > Attachments:
          > tex.vim.patch 975 bytes

          In addition, may I point out that in :help tex-package there's a
          comment about posting extension support:

          "Please consider uploading any extensions that you write, which
          typically would go in $HOME/after/syntax/tex/[pkgname].vim, to
          http://vim.sf.net/"

          You should change your patch into such an extension support bit, having
          the code go into

          .vim/after/syntax/tex/IEEEeqnarray.vim

          could be helpful to others.

          Regards,
          Chip Campbell

        • vim@googlecode.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24, 2012
            Updates:

            Comment #1 on issue 50 by drc...@...: tex.vim does not
            understand IEEEeqnarray environment

            May I suggest some reading:

            :help tex-package
            :help tex-math

            So, not having IEEEeqnarray supported is not a bug and no modifications to
            syntax/tex.vim will be made to support it.

            In addition, may I point out that in :help tex-package that there's a
            comment about posting extension support:

            "Please consider uploading any extensions that you write, which typically
            would go in $HOME/after/syntax/tex/[pkgname].vim, to http://vim.sf.net/"

            You should change your patch into such an extension support plugin, having
            the code go into

            .vim/after/syntax/tex/IEEEeqnarray.vim

            which could be helpful to others.