Re: Bug with E173 when the files are the same

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2011
      Nazri Ramliy wrote:

      > I think this is a bug:
      >
      > Vim version: 7.3, patches 1-353
      >
      > $ touch a
      > $ vi -u NONE a a
      > :bne
      > :q
      > E173: 1 more file to edit <--- This should not appear, vim should
      > quit but it's not.

      No, you need to use ":next" to go to the next file in the argument list,
      ":bnext" is something eles.

      > E173 is not shown if vim was given two different files:
      > $ touch b
      > $ vim -u NONE a b
      > :bne
      > :q
      > $

      This might actually be called a bug, although it isn't. ":args" shows
      you are still editing the first file. But Vim has a trick to allow
      exiting anyway if you edited the last file in the argument list in some
      other way, but not any other way. I know this might be confusing.

      204. You're being audited because you mailed your tax return to the IRC.