add a script

  • Massimiliano Tripoli
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
      Dear vim developpers and users,

      I wrote a vim script (it is a syntax highlighting script) and I'd like to add it to the vim web site as Bram suggested to me, but I can't access to my account. I was stuck at the login page. Do you know this issue ? Anyone could help me, please?

      Massimiliano

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
        Massimiliano Tripoli wrote:
        > I wrote a vim script (it is a syntax highlighting script) and
        > I'd like to add it to the vim web site as Bram suggested to
        > me, but I can't access to my account. I was stuck at the login
        > page. Do you know this issue ? Anyone could help me, please?

        What is your username at vim.org? Have you ever logged on
        successfully? Have you ever uploaded a file successfully?

        What does "stuck" mean? You entered your username and password
        and clicked Login. What happened? Any message?

        John

      • Christian J. Robinson
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
          On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, John Beckett wrote:

          > Massimiliano Tripoli wrote:
          >> I wrote a vim script (it is a syntax highlighting script) and
          >> I'd like to add it to the vim web site as Bram suggested to
          >> me, but I can't access to my account. I was stuck at the login
          >> page. Do you know this issue ? Anyone could help me, please?
          >
          > What is your username at vim.org? Have you ever logged on
          > successfully? Have you ever uploaded a file successfully?
          >
          > What does "stuck" mean? You entered your username and password
          > and clicked Login. What happened? Any message?

          What Massimiliano is a problem I have been experiencing for many
          months now. Vim.org is broken—not just in this manner—and nobody
          seems able (willing?) to fix it.

          - Christian

          --
          And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.
          Christian J. Robinson <heptite@...> http://christianrobinson.name/

        • Ben Fritz
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
            On Nov 28, 3:54 pm, "Christian J. Robinson" <hept...@...> wrote:
            > On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, John Beckett wrote:
            > > Massimiliano Tripoli wrote:
            > >> I wrote a vim script (it is a syntax highlighting script) and
            > >> I'd like to add it to the vim web site as Bram suggested to
            > >> me, but I can't access to my account. I was stuck at the login
            > >> page. Do you know this issue ? Anyone could help me, please?
            >
            > > What is your username at vim.org? Have you ever logged on
            > > successfully? Have you ever uploaded a file successfully?
            >
            > > What does "stuck" mean? You entered your username and password
            > > and clicked Login. What happened? Any message?
            >
            > What Massimiliano is a problem I have been experiencing for many
            > months now.  Vim.org is broken—not just in this manner—and nobody
            > seems able (willing?) to fix it.
            >
            > - Christian

            I can log in just fine. And I just uploaded a new script version on
            the 15th of this month. What's the problem, exactly?

          • Christian J. Robinson
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
              On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Ben Fritz wrote:

              > On Nov 28, 3:54 pm, "Christian J. Robinson" <hept...@...>
              > wrote:
              >>
              >>> What is your username at vim.org? Have you ever logged on
              >>> successfully? Have you ever uploaded a file successfully?
              >>
              >>> What does "stuck" mean? You entered your username and password
              >>> and clicked Login. What happened? Any message?
              >>
              >> What Massimiliano is a problem I have been experiencing for many
              >> months now.  Vim.org is broken—not just in this manner—and nobody
              >> seems able (willing?) to fix it.
              >>
              >> - Christian
              >>

              > I can log in just fine. And I just uploaded a new script version on
              > the 15th of this month. What's the problem, exactly?

              Somehow Vim.org doesn't properly initialize cookies or something—I'm
              not sure what—and every attempt at logging in just goes back to the
              login page (or was it the home page? previously visited page?)
              /Sometimes/ it actually succeeds for me, and I don't know why.

              Additionally, often clicking the "logout" link doesn't log me out.

              I know this has been discussed before, but why can't we have
              http://vim.org/ redirect to http://www.vim.org/ ?

              Oh, and the search is still woefully useless, even though it returns
              results.

              ...I'd better stop there.

              - Christian

              --
              "Our doubts are traitors,
              And make us lose the good we oft might win

            • Ernie Rael
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
                On 11/28/2011 2:30 PM, Christian J. Robinson wrote:
                > On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Ben Fritz wrote:

                >>> What Massimiliano is a problem I have been experiencing for many
                >>> months now. Vim.org is broken—not just in this manner—and nobody
                >>> seems able (willing?) to fix it.
                >>>
                >>> - Christian
                >>>

                >> I can log in just fine. And I just uploaded a new script version on
                >> the 15th of this month. What's the problem, exactly?
                >
                > Somehow Vim.org doesn't properly initialize cookies or something—I'm
                > not sure what—and every attempt at logging in just goes back to the
                > login page (or was it the home page? previously visited page?)
                > /Sometimes/ it actually succeeds for me, and I don't know why.

                Could this be browser related? I had terrible problems logging into some
                sites (not vim.org, I've never logged in there) that were tracked down
                to FireFox 6 and FireFox 7. FF8 has cleaned up the issues I was having.

                -ernie

              • Christian J. Robinson
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 28, 2011
                  On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Ernie Rael wrote:

                  > On 11/28/2011 2:30 PM, Christian J. Robinson wrote:
                  >
                  >> Somehow Vim.org doesn't properly initialize cookies or
                  >> something—I'm not sure what—and every attempt at logging in just
                  >> goes back to the login page (or was it the home page? previously
                  >> visited page?) /Sometimes/ it actually succeeds for me, and I don't
                  >> know why.
                  >
                  > Could this be browser related? I had terrible problems logging into
                  > some sites (not vim.org, I've never logged in there) that were
                  > tracked down to FireFox 6 and FireFox 7. FF8 has cleaned up the
                  > issues I was having.

                  To the best of my recollection it has been independent of browser, OS,
                  or computer. I am currently on Firefox 8.0, but as I stated I've been
                  observing this problem for months—before Firefox 6 was even released.

                  - Christian

                  --
                  Alternate definitions, #10: Rectitude (n.), the formal, dignified demeanor
                  assumed by a proctologist immediately before he examines you.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 29, 2011
                    Massimiliano Tripoli wrote:
                    > I wrote a vim script (it is a syntax highlighting script) and
                    > I'd like to add it to the vim web site as Bram suggested to
                    > me, but I can't access to my account. I was stuck at the
                    > login page. Do you know this issue ? Anyone could help me, please?

                    It appears that the immediate problem has been overcome because
                    Massimiliano has since created:

                    John

                  • Massimiliano Tripoli
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 29, 2011
                      Yes, thanks John,

                      Maybe when I tried to login my account was not created yet. Now it works fine.
                      I uploaded my basic syntax highligthing plugin (modeleasy-vim-plugin ) . Modeleasy + is an econometric software and the plugin also provides some utilities for which I'd like to know if someone who works with modeleasy + is interested in. Any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
                      Thanks

                      2011/11/29 John Beckett <johnb.beckett@...>
                      Massimiliano Tripoli wrote:
                      > I wrote a vim script (it is a syntax highlighting script) and
                      > I'd like to add it to the vim web site as Bram suggested to
                      > me, but I can't access to my account. I was stuck at the
                      > login page. Do you know this issue ? Anyone could help me, please?

                      It appears that the immediate problem has been overcome because
                      Massimiliano has since created:

                      John

                    • Peter Odding
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 1, 2011
                        Hi all,

                        > Somehow Vim.org doesn't properly initialize cookies or something—I'm not
                        > sure what—and every attempt at logging in just goes back to the login
                        > page (or was it the home page? previously visited page?) /Sometimes/ it
                        > actually succeeds for me, and I don't know why.

                        This seems to be dependent on some set of (as of yet unidentified)
                        preconditions because I don't have any problems with uploading scripts
                        to www.vim.org even though I do so quite regularly (a couple of times a
                        week on average). Nowadays I no longer upload scripts by hand; I wrote a
                        Python script* that uses the mechanize library to publish new releases
                        of my Vim plug-ins. This script has worked fine for me for a couple of
                        months now, so it can't be that the session/cookie handling is
                        fundamentally broken on Vim Online (or it's broken in a way that's
                        compatible with the mechanize library :-).

                        - Peter

                        * https://github.com/xolox/vim-tools/blob/master/vim-plugin-release