Menus, insert mode and mapping timeout

  • björn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2011
      Hi,

      If I execute a menu while in insert mode and Vim is waiting for a
      mapped sequence to complete I get "<t_<fa>X>" inserted into the
      buffer. I have only confirmed this using MacVim -- I'm not sure if it
      happens in any other GUI.

      To reproduce, increase the timeout ":set timeoutlen=30000" and add an
      insert mode mapping like

      :imap <Leader>= <Esc><C-w>=

      Then go into insert mode, hit <Leader>, then select a menu (moving the
      mouse may cause the the timeout to stop, so try keeping the mouse over
      the menu bar to avoid this, at least in MacVim mouse move events are
      not sent once a menu has been opened).

      I had a quick look at what's going on but I have yet to find the code
      that waits for a mapping to timeout. Any pointers to where this
      happens would be appreciated (e.g. how does a mouse move event cancel
      the timeout?).

      Thanks,
      Björn