Re: [patch] Correctly handle URXVT mouse in set/del_mouse_termcode

  • James McCoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2011
      On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 09:57:01AM -0400, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
      > I noticed that problem myself, but it went away when I set
      > ttymouse=urxvt rather than its default (in urxvt), which is xterm2. Not
      > that your patch isn't worthwhile, but setting the option appropriately
      > can serve as a workaround in the interim.

      The problem my patch is addressing is ensuring the mouse is still usable
      when 'ttymouse' is set to something other than xterm/xterm2 (which are
      correct values in my case, since I use xterm).

      As of 7.3.343, ttymouse gets set to xterm2 in urxvt and in 7.3.353 it
      gets set to xterm. So, it looks like the auto-detection still needs
      some work.

      > Also, the urxvt setting for 'ttymouse' isn't documented, so it's
      > difficult to discover right now. I sent a tiny patch a few days ago
      > adding a mention of it in options.txt, but more/better documentation is
      > really needed.

      Well, ideally people wouldn't have to know about 'ttymouse' and the
      detection Just Works. :)

      --
      James
      GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James McCoy <jamessan@...>