Re: [patch] Correctly handle URXVT mouse in set/del_mouse_termcode

  • Taylor Hedberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2011
      I noticed that problem myself, but it went away when I set
      ttymouse=urxvt rather than its default (in urxvt), which is xterm2. Not
      that your patch isn't worthwhile, but setting the option appropriately
      can serve as a workaround in the interim.

      Also, the urxvt setting for 'ttymouse' isn't documented, so it's
      difficult to discover right now. I sent a tiny patch a few days ago
      adding a mention of it in options.txt, but more/better documentation is
      really needed.

    • James McCoy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2011
        On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 09:57:01AM -0400, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
        > I noticed that problem myself, but it went away when I set
        > ttymouse=urxvt rather than its default (in urxvt), which is xterm2. Not
        > that your patch isn't worthwhile, but setting the option appropriately
        > can serve as a workaround in the interim.

        The problem my patch is addressing is ensuring the mouse is still usable
        when 'ttymouse' is set to something other than xterm/xterm2 (which are
        correct values in my case, since I use xterm).

        As of 7.3.343, ttymouse gets set to xterm2 in urxvt and in 7.3.353 it
        gets set to xterm. So, it looks like the auto-detection still needs
        some work.

        > Also, the urxvt setting for 'ttymouse' isn't documented, so it's
        > difficult to discover right now. I sent a tiny patch a few days ago
        > adding a mention of it in options.txt, but more/better documentation is
        > really needed.

        Well, ideally people wouldn't have to know about 'ttymouse' and the
        detection Just Works. :)

        --
        James
        GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James McCoy <jamessan@...>