[patch] LineNr highlight group

  • LHB Jr
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2011
      (if this is a dup, sorry, I just changed mail accounts)

      Hi Vimmers,

      I recently became a full hog vim guy. I use it on the terminal a lot
      and I wanted to make it so the cursor line number had its own syntax
      highlighting. This is because on a Linux terminal there isn't a subtle
      way of emphasizing the current line. As a result I created this patch.
      The patch creates a CursorLineNr highlighting group. It is only active
      if cursorline is set. But it allows the user to change the line number
      highlighting independently of the rest of the line.

      The following would shut off highlighting on the text, but set the line
      number color to 3.

      :syntax on
      :set cursorline
      :hi CursorLine cterm=none
      :hi CursorLineNr ctermfg=3

      Bram suggested I submit my patch on this list, and as a result I
      include it here. I hope you try it and like it.

      Thanks for your consideration,
      LHB jr.

      (patch attached)