[patch] window title not being updated when doing ":language fr_FR.UTF-8"

  • Dominique PellĂ©
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hi

      I see a minor bug in Vim-7.3.329 on Linux.
      Command ":language fr_FR.UTF-8" does not update the language
      of the title in the terminal or title of gvim. Doing ":redraw!" does not
      help either. The language of the title gets updated after resizing the
      terminal or gvim.

      Steps to reproduce:

      1) Start gvim with:
      $ (export LANG=en_US.UTF-8; gvim -u NONE -U NONE)

      2) Observe that the window title is in English "[No Name] - GVIM1".

      3) Enter Ex command :language fr_FR.UTF-8

      4) Observe that window title is still in English (bug!, I'd
      expect it to become in French).
      Doing ":redraw!" does not work around.
      Observe that after resizing the window, title then
      becomes in French: "[Aucun nom] - GVIM1"

      Attached patch fixes it.

      Regards
      -- Dominique

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011
        Dominique Pelle wrote:

        > I see a minor bug in Vim-7.3.329 on Linux.
        > Command ":language fr_FR.UTF-8" does not update the language
        > of the title in the terminal or title of gvim. Doing ":redraw!" does not
        > help either. The language of the title gets updated after resizing the
        > terminal or gvim.
        >
        > Steps to reproduce:
        >
        > 1) Start gvim with:
        > $ (export LANG=en_US.UTF-8; gvim -u NONE -U NONE)
        >
        > 2) Observe that the window title is in English "[No Name] - GVIM1".
        >
        > 3) Enter Ex command :language fr_FR.UTF-8
        >
        > 4) Observe that window title is still in English (bug!, I'd
        > expect it to become in French).
        > Doing ":redraw!" does not work around.
        > Observe that after resizing the window, title then
        > becomes in French: "[Aucun nom] - GVIM1"
        >
        > Attached patch fixes it.

        Thanks. I'll put it on the todo list.

        --
        A day without sunshine is like, well, night.