Re: Inconsistent jump after undo of multi-line change

  • bootleq
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2011
      Thank you, I can keep jumplist unchanged now.

      But back to my first message, the cursor still silently move to first changed line.

      2011/9/5 Jürgen Krämer <jottkaerr@...>

      Hi,

      bootleq wrote:

      > 2011/9/5 James Vega <jamessan@... <mailto:jamessan@...>>
      >>
      >>     On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 10:47:53AM +0800, bootleq wrote:
      >>     > About the automatically added jump:
      >>     > It' reasonable when undoing a single change.
      >>     > But if we do many changes at one function,  one undo block,
      >>     > we might want to keep the cursor unchanged after undo.
      >>
      >>     You can use the :keepjumps command to perform an action without altering
      >>     the jump list.
      >>
      >>     --
      >>     James
      >>     GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@... <mailto:jamessan@...>>
      >
      > Yes, thanks, but in this case, with
      > 1) :keepjumps | call setline(1, 'bar')
      > 2) :keepjumps | undo
      > it still jump to line 1.

      don't use bars after :keepjumps. :keepjumps takes a command as argument.
      Putting the bars there told Vim to execute :keepjumps without arguments
      (which is a no-op), and than to execute :call and :undo, respectively.

      Regards,
      Jürgen

      in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.     (Calvin)