Re: Lisp/Scheme paren matching

  • Sergey Khorev
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2011
      > I'm happy to help if I can, but I don't want to waste my time trying
      > to fix a non-existent bug, so I would like the question I raised in
      > the above message answered: do you or do you not believe matchparen
      > flashing parens inside strings is a bug? If so, when I have time, I'll
      > try to fix it. It should also get recorded in the bug database, so it
      > doesn't get forgotten.

      I am by no means a maintainer of Vim so I can only say for myself. I
      believe it's not a bug but an undocumented feature and I would suggest
      to update documentation instead and maybe add an alert in matchparen
      script if syntax highlighting is off.

      Speaking if the bug database, there are two ones: :help todo inside
      Vim and http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/list.
      Frankly I doubt that adding this to any of the databases will do any
      good: there are too many real bugs in the todo list.

      --
      Sergey Khorev
      http://sites.google.com/site/khorser