keymaps now messed up

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2011
      After the latest series of patches, the "keymap"s for hebrew and
      arabic do not work! The problem happened somewhere between patch 280
      and 284...

    • Ron Aaron
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2011
        282 still works, so it's 283 or 284 at fault...

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2011
          Ron Aaron wrote:

          > After the latest series of patches, the "keymap"s for hebrew and
          > arabic do not work! The problem happened somewhere between patch 280
          > and 284...

          Patch 7.3.284 changes how the characters inside <> are handled. It
          actually fixes things for multi-byte characters, previously they did not
          work.

          How to reproduce the problem you noticed?

          --
          Zen Microsystems: we're the om in .commmmmmmmm

        • Ron Aaron
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18, 2011
            On Aug 18, 9:58 pm, Bram Moolenaar <B...@...> wrote:

            > How to reproduce the problem you noticed?

            Just set enc to utf8, and keymap to 'hebrew' and notice than pressing
            keys gives you <char-whatever> instead of the character itself.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19, 2011
              Ron Aaron wrote:

              > On Aug 18, 9:58 pm, Bram Moolenaar <B...@...> wrote:
              >
              > > How to reproduce the problem you noticed?
              >
              > Just set enc to utf8, and keymap to 'hebrew' and notice than pressing
              > keys gives you <char-whatever> instead of the character itself.

              OK, it appears using <char-1324> doesn't work. Strange that the tests
              didn't catch this.

              I'll work on a fix.

              --
              Females are strictly forbidden to appear unshaven in public.
              [real standing law in New Mexico, United States of America]