Re: Auto centering cursor when at top or bottom line

  • Jürgen Krämer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
      Hi,

      Kerneels Roos wrote:
      > Hi, where should questions like the below be posted? I realize it's
      > not a dev question, but for some reason I can't post to the vim use group.

      yes, vim_use would be the preferred group.

      try a combination of scrolljump and scrolloff:

      set scrolljump=-50
      set scrolloff=1

      This will scroll as soon as the cursor enters the top or bottom line.

      > What I'm looking for is a global setting or script that would
      > immediately shift the visible text vertically so that the line
      > containing the cursor is vertically centered the moment you move the
      > cursor vertically off the screen.

      If you want only want to scroll when the cursor would leave the visible
      part, keep scrolloff at its default value of 0:

      set scrolljump=-50
      set scrolloff=0

      Regards,
      Jürgen

    • Kerneels Roos
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
        On 8/3/2011 1:41 PM, Jürgen Krämer wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Kerneels Roos wrote:
        >> Hi, where should questions like the below be posted? I realize it's
        >> not a dev question, but for some reason I can't post to the vim use group.
        > yes, vim_use would be the preferred group.

        Thanks a lot, works brilliantly!

        --
        Kerneels Roos
        Cell: +27 (0)82 309 1998