Bug in bufexplorer plugin related to 'Show buffers/tab'

  • rehan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2011
      Hi All,

      I wonder if anyone can help me with the following bug, that is
      reducing the functionality (for me) of this great plugin.

      I am having problems with the 'Show buffers/tab' functionality.
      Sometimes it works. Sometimes it gives errors similar to the one
      below, especially when I try and change the sort ordering.

      Error detected while processing function
      <SNR>17_BEToggleShowTabBuffer..<SNR>17_BEDisplayBufferList..<SNR>17_BEBuildBufferList..<SNR>17_BESortListing:
      line 8:
      E493: Backward range given: 4,$sort ir /\d.\{7}\zs\f\+\ze/

      To replicate the bug it is usually enough to open a bunch of files in
      a few tabs, then hit 'T', then hit 's'. Doesn't always break
      immediately, but after opening and closing the bufexplorer window a
      few times, and hitting 'T' and 's' each time it is open, it always
      breaks sooner or later.

      A separate, but probably related problem is that sometimes when I
      enable 'Show buffers/tab' functionality (by hitting 'T', no buffers
      appear in the list at all.

      I am using vim 7.3 (default ubuntu 11.04 distribution install), and
      also have plugins NERD_commenter.vim NERD_tree.vim installed.

      Many thanks in advance for any suggestions / fixes,

      Rehan

    • James Vega
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2011
        Adding bufexplorer's author to Cc.

        On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 07:34:11AM -0700, rehan wrote:
        > I wonder if anyone can help me with the following bug, that is
        > reducing the functionality (for me) of this great plugin.
        >
        > I am having problems with the 'Show buffers/tab' functionality.
        > Sometimes it works. Sometimes it gives errors similar to the one
        > below, especially when I try and change the sort ordering.
        >
        > Error detected while processing function
        > <SNR>17_BEToggleShowTabBuffer..<SNR>17_BEDisplayBufferList..<SNR>17_BEBuildBufferList..<SNR>17_BESortListing:
        > line 8:
        > E493: Backward range given: 4,$sort ir /\d.\{7}\zs\f\+\ze/
        >
        > To replicate the bug it is usually enough to open a bunch of files in
        > a few tabs, then hit 'T', then hit 's'. Doesn't always break
        > immediately, but after opening and closing the bufexplorer window a
        > few times, and hitting 'T' and 's' each time it is open, it always
        > breaks sooner or later.
        >
        > A separate, but probably related problem is that sometimes when I
        > enable 'Show buffers/tab' functionality (by hitting 'T', no buffers
        > appear in the list at all.
        >
        > I am using vim 7.3 (default ubuntu 11.04 distribution install), and
        > also have plugins NERD_commenter.vim NERD_tree.vim installed.
        >
        > Many thanks in advance for any suggestions / fixes,
        >
        > Rehan

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
          Hi James,

          Sorry for the issue.  I will take a look at it and see if I can figure out what is going on.  As I do not have Linux running, I will hopefully be able to reproduce this under Windows 7.

          -Jeff