Re: E817: Blowfish big/little endian use wrong

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2011
      Bill Beeyawned wrote:

      > E817: Blowfish big/little endian use
      > wrong
      >
      > I compiled vim using MacPorts on a PPC Mac to run on both PPC and
      > Intel:
      > sudo port install vim +universal
      >
      > It runs on both, but when opening an encrypted file I got this
      > message:
      > E817: Blowfish big/little endian use
      > wrong
      > E819: Blowfish test failed
      >
      > I confirmed the file opens on another PPC Mac that has a PPC only vim,
      > then re-compiled vim as PPC only using:
      > sudo port -u uninstall vim
      > sudo port clean --all vim
      > sudo port install vim
      >
      > Now it opens the encrypted file again.
      >
      > Is this a MacPorts problem?

      How does it create a binary that runs both on PPC and Intel? If it
      actually creates two executables and picks the right one at runtime then
      it's supposed to work. Perhaps the cross compiler can't handle the two
      architectures. It should re-run the config script for each to correctly
      define WORDS_BIGENDIAN. It uses AC_C_BIGENDIAN(), perhaps you can
      search for that in relation to cross compiling. It probably requires an
      extra argument to configure.

      --
      `When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to
      its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are