Re: [Bug] Popup menu is automatically closed when folds are visible

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
      Jan Christoph Ebersbach wrote:

      > When I define a fold, close it and then open the popup completion menu
      > somewhere else in the buffer, the menu appears for a short moment and
      > is then removed. I can reproduce this behavior only when the fold is
      > visible in the current window. And it doesn't matter whether the popup
      > menu is drawn on folded text or on "regular" text.
      >
      > I also tried to set different foldmethods (manual, expr, indent). The
      > results are always the same.
      >
      > Vim: GTK and console
      > Version: 7.3.237
      > OS: Debian Testing

      What command do you use to get the completion menu?
      Any plugins or settings that matter? Try starting with "vim -u NONE".

      --
      Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2011
        On Jul 3, 11:30 am, Bram Moolenaar <B...@...> wrote:
        > Jan Christoph Ebersbach wrote:
        > > When I define a fold, close it and then open the popup completion menu
        > > somewhere else in the buffer, the menu appears for a short moment and
        > > is then removed. I can reproduce this behavior only when the fold is
        > > visible in the current window. And it doesn't matter whether the popup
        > > menu is drawn on folded text or on "regular" text.
        >
        > > I also tried to set different foldmethods (manual, expr, indent). The
        > > results are always the same.
        >
        > > Vim: GTK and console
        > > Version: 7.3.237
        > > OS: Debian Testing
        >
        > What command do you use to get the completion menu?
        > Any plugins or settings that matter?  Try starting with "vim -u NONE".

        I think maybe you're seeing the same behavior documented here:

      • Jan Christoph Ebersbach
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16, 2011
          Hi,

          > > What command do you use to get the completion menu?
          > > Any plugins or settings that matter?  Try starting with "vim -u NONE".

          Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Actually it's a bug
          in my vim-orgmode plugin.

          Greetings,

          Jan Christoph