Priority of rare words over good words

  • Jakson Alves de Aquino
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2011
      Hi,

      I have made a suggestion a year ago about increasing highlighting
      priority of rare words:

      http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/acf58ea11dd98120

      I'm just remembering the suggestion...

      I'm also attaching a list of Portuguese words that I marked as rare,
      so people who write in Portuguese could more easily test the patch.
      The file should be appended to ~/.vim/spell/pt.utf-8.add and, then,
      the following Vim command should be run:

      :mkspell! pt.utf-8.add

      I have even put the following in my .vimrc:

      if has("autocmd")
      autocmd BufWritePost ~/.vim/spell/pt.utf-8.add mkspell! pt.utf-8.add
      endif

      Best regards,

      Jakson Aquino

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2011
        Jakson Aquino wrote:

        > I have made a suggestion a year ago about increasing highlighting
        > priority of rare words:
        >
        > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/acf58ea11dd98120
        >
        > I'm just remembering the suggestion...
        >
        > I'm also attaching a list of Portuguese words that I marked as rare,
        > so people who write in Portuguese could more easily test the patch.
        > The file should be appended to ~/.vim/spell/pt.utf-8.add and, then,
        > the following Vim command should be run:
        >
        > :mkspell! pt.utf-8.add
        >
        > I have even put the following in my .vimrc:
        >
        > if has("autocmd")
        > autocmd BufWritePost ~/.vim/spell/pt.utf-8.add mkspell! pt.utf-8.add
        > endif

        There is a note in the todo list. Unfortunately I didn't get to
        it, and it doesn't look like I'll get there soon...

        244. You use more than 20 passwords.